Spray Tanning Crowborough
It is incredibly important to make sure you prepare your skin for a spray tan. Without the correct skin prep, this can cause patchiness, darker areas and an uneven tan. Your tan won't last as long either without the correct preparation and aftercare.
Please note that it is not possible to spray tan and wax on the same night. I recommend that at least 48 hours between treatments and waxing should be done first.
Preparation for Spray Tanning
- Exfoliate your skin the night before your spray tan application for smooth skin and an even tan.
- Carry out any hair removal at least 24 hours prior to tanning, otherwise you may experience spotting in the pores or sensitive, itchy skin.
- Remove all moisturiser, perfume, deoderant and make up prior to tan, as this will act as a barrier and will cause an uneven tan. Mascara may be worn if you prefer but you will not be able to remove it for at least 8 hours whilst the tan develops.
- Wear dark loose fitting clothes, preferably in cotton so you don't get too hot. Spray tan solution washes out of most clothing, but the guide colour of the tan solution could wipe off on lighter coloured clothes, giving temporary discolouration.
- To ensure your tan lasts for as long as possible, fades evenly and looks great right until it wears off, it is equally important to ensure good aftercare. Moisturising is key to prolonging your spray tan, however...
- DO NOT moisturise until after your first shower. This could affect the immediate reaction of your spray tan on the skin and cause streaking. After than moisturise as much as possible but please use an oil free moisturiser otherwise oil will strip your tan. Do not use baby lotion or body butters.
- Wait at least 8 hours before you shower after your spray tan application. This will allow for the DHA in the spray tan solution to react with your skin. For best results, leave overnight.
- Wait at least 6 hours before you exercise. Excessive perspiration could effect the immediate reaction of the sunless solution on the skin.
- DO NOT swim after your spray tan session. Immediate contact with water, chlorine and salt water could affect the immediate reaction of the spray tan solution. Also, keep in mind that chlorine and salt water may dry your skin and cause your spray tan to fade faster.
- Don't worry if you see colour washing off from your first shower – this is normal. What you see washing off is the guide colour. What is left is a beautiful, natural looking spray tan.
- Have cool, lukewarm baths and showers as this will prolong your tan. Moisturise your skin every time you bathe to maintain colour. Apply to the face and body using circular motions. Pat your skin dry after a bath or shower. Rubbing your skin may rub off your tan.
- Remember to wear extra protection in the sun. The spray tan solution does not provide any sunscreen. Although you look like you have a tan, remember to apply an SPF sunscreen when outdoors to keep your skin from burning. You will still tan naturally through a spray tan.
Well, this all sounds very complicated but don't worry, I will also give you an aftercare leaflet if you are a spray tan virgin, so you get the best from your tan.